3ds Max: A Complete Introduction to 3d Graphics with 3ds Max
Learn 3ds Max by following along with these basic introductory projects.Watch Promo
Regardless of what field you are hoping to go into with 3d graphics, this is the place to start. Here are some of the reasons:
- In the course we will use 3ds Max. Anyone can get access to this software for free (limited time), and it is one of the most widely used 3d packages used throughout all industries.
- This course is comprehensive, in that it covers all the major concepts of 3d. At the end you will be able to create your own graphics.
- We start slow, and from the absolute beginning, so don't worry if you are new to this.
- This is a project based course. We won't get too caught up in all the theory, but instead we will jump right in and start creating things.
- The projects include techniques that will be useful in various different disciplines, so regardless of what you are learning 3d for, there is something here for you.
- All course models and texture maps are available for download, so it is easy to stay caught up with the instructor.
- Many additional free resources will be available to enhance learning.
- Videos are high-quality. They are presented in full HD with crisp sound, and they also include key-stroke overlays to help the student understand clearly.
- All default settings are used in 3ds Max, so the student screen will look just like the instructor screen -- no surprises or secret short cuts! This course is very easy to follow.
All these things, and many more, make this course the premiere place to learn 3d graphics on Udemy. After joining this course, you will see that after about 7 hours of video and practice projects, you will come to have a firm grasp of 3d graphics in 3ds Max. You will understand the theory behind 3d graphics as they apply to various different fields. You will also be able to navigate around in the software comfortably -- a big achievement for such a powerful and complex software. Most importantly, you will be able to confidently create your own projects, whether it be modelling, animation, game content creation, or whatever.
More important notes about the class:
- You will have access to the instructor, who is a practicing 3d professional, through the course forums. He will answer questions for you directly and help wherever necessary.
- This course will be continually updated with new content which will all be free to existing students
- This course will stay up to date and add additional information continually to stay up with the latest software releases.
- There is a 30 day money back guarantee on this purchase. *Full refund for any reason.
What you’ll learn
- Create your own 3d projects from scratch within a few hours
- Gain a strong understanding of 3d concepts and 3ds Max tools in just 7 hrs
- Be comfortable finding your way around the 3ds Max UI
- Create multiple 3d projects from beginning to end
- Create their own models, materials and renderings in 3ds Max
- Use built in poly modelling tools to create photo real 3d models
- Create basic 3d models for video games
- Animate objects and cameras in 3ds Max
- Understand the concepts of 3d graphics and know how to apply them using 3ds Max
Are there any course requirements or prerequisites?
- You will need to be very familiar with computers and comfortable learning and navigating in a complex software program. You will also need a computer capable of running said program (MOST will work, but some might be slower than others). I will show you how/where to get the software and you will need to be able to install it and check your computers specs to make sure they're fit for the job. It will also be helpful to you if you have access to photo editing software (i.e. Photoshop or similar). We will not use this extensively in the course, but we do use it some, and if you want to get serious about 3d graphics you will eventually need this. Knowing how to use photo editing software already will also be helpful, but is not entirely necessary. I demonstrate what to do, and I can also offer you additional resources to help you learn it. Other than that, feel free to come as a complete beginner to 3d graphics and 3ds Max.
Who this course is for:
- This course is great for people who are beginners in 3d graphics, and/or 3ds Max. Regardless of what industry you hope to go into with 3d, this class will be a good comprehensive introduction. We do projects that cover techniques from various different disciplines. This course is NOT for you if you are already proficient in modelling, lighting, materials and animating in 3ds Max. Students, aspiring game designers, architects, graphic artists, illustrators, etc. who have not done 3d graphics before, but want to increase their skill set, please take this course.
Adam Zollinger is the founder and creator of LearnArchViz.com and a practicing professional architectural visualization artist. Professionally, he works for a large architectural firm and manages hundreds of arch viz projects each year. With his team of artists, he has been able to create stunning visuals on a wide range of projects ranging from very small to extremely large. Adam's goal has always been to use cutting edge technology to tell a visual story in the most effective way.
Online, Adam has created an international community of arch viz learners, and has been able to release 17 courses and teach over 100k students around the world!